Every guy wants a model on his arm. But how do you get her? We decided to go straight to the source and find out.
We sat down with the gorgeous Charlotte Thomson (pictured to the right and all over the page) - winner of this year's FHM's Highstreet Honey, Kiss TV Presenter and British surfer babe to find out exactly what she looks for in her ideal man..
1) Who's your ideal man and why?
I like to be with a man who's funny, intelligent, and above all, romantic and thoughtful! What girl doesn't?
2) What's the most important physical feature in a man?
I've got a thing about arms... got to be toned, strong enough to pick me up haha! Also he'd have to have a good stomach... not hairy, and preferably not hanging over his belt!
3) Every girl likes a man with a sense of humour - would you date a less funny guy if he was filthy rich?
I'm not in the slightest bit impressed by lots of money, unless it's someone who has built up something from nothing, and then I'd admire him... but I'm not the kind of girl that can be bought, so definitely a good sense of humour would win me over any day.
4) What's the worst thing a guy has done to you?
The list is endless... but basically through not being supportive of my choice in career, and doing a lot to damage it, is a big enough issue on the whole!
5) What's the best pick-up line ever used on you?
"Will you marry me?" and "do you want to go out for dinner?" - mainly people on Facebook that I've never met and never will meet - are the most common. But to be honest, none of them really work on me, they just make me laugh. I prefer a guy to be straight to the point and honest, tell me they like me, ask to buy me a drink (NOT champagne - too cliched), and off we go!
6) What's the best way for a man to get you in bed?
I don't do one-night stands... but there would need to be an instant attraction, and even then he'd have to work at it!
7) Would you get naked in public if a guy was charming enough?
I'm actually quite shy naked... So no :-)
8) What's the best position for a man to use when first embarking on a sexual relationship? Is that your favourite?
Got to be good old missionary I'm afraid, best way to work out how good he really is in bed, and whether or not there's a real connection... I'm all for crazy positions but missionary is the closest I can feel to someone.
9) Are toys a turn-on or a turn-off in the bed?
Depends on my mood... I wouldn't say no though ;-)
10) First date - what should he do? Where? How expensive?
McDonalds... £1.99 Happy meal. Haha, you think I'm kidding!? I like to relax and not feel pressured or like I can't be myself and say and feel what I think. I don't think I'd like it if I was taken to the Ritz or something. A small bunch of flowers would be nice though, always breaks the ice a bit.
11) Should a guy expect the girl to kiss/put-out on a first date?
A kiss is definitely expected I think, if they both got on and had a good night... as for putting out, that's down to the individual I suppose, not for me though. Need to tease them a bit!
12) Should guys play games to get a girl?
Definitely not, it doesn't work, we lose respect for you straight away, and to be honest, I'd lose interest... if you like someone, show it, if they like you back it will be worth it, trust me.
13) Any fashion tips for a single guy?
No cardigans! Haha! I HATE men in cardigans, and plimsoles... basically I'm not into all that indie guy fashion, I like a man to be smart/casual, dark jeans and a fitted white t-shirt... simple but OH SO HOT!
14) Are guys with foreign accents more attractive?
Can't say I really know... haven't had many conversations with foreign men! Italian yes, I can understand that one... as for German... lol, well...
15) Is intelligence or money more attractive?
Intelligence, but no one likes a show off!
16) Sexual ability or cock size?
Sexual ability without a shadow of a doubt!! It's not the size that counts, it's what you can do with it!
17) What's your ideal romantic night in?
A lovely Italian meal, maybe bolognaise, something simple... lots of candles, some romantic music but nothing like Barry White... CHEESE! Then a romantic comedy (or a horror... gets the girl needing a 'hero'!) or something not too complicated to watch. Few glasses of wine and lots of kissing always goes down well :-)
18) What's the best gift a guy could get you early on in a relationship?
Like I said, money does nothing for me, got a Cartier Watch within a week of knowing someone once, and we broke up and I gave it back a few weeks later. Girls shouldn't be bought, and guys shouldn't think that this is the way to make someone like you. If the girl does like you for what you buy her, that's probably about right, and she'll expect it.
It depends if it's for an occasion like a Birthday or Christmas, or just as a being-nice gift... something really thoughtful, and not too expensive, we don't want to feel like we have to return the favour!
19) Do you feel a girl needs to be saved by a man who can offer her security? OR should he offer freedom and be more irresponsible?
I'm all for a bit of both... I'm quite insecure sometimes so need to know where I stand with a man and need a lot of security. At the same time, I need someone who can trust me to go out with the girls, be good and be safe, and that I can also trust too. Like I said, NO GAMES, and definitely no secrets!
20) Are men with children are no-go area for you?
Unfortunately for me yes, as I'm only 22 and not really grown up myself yet, but if I was 5-10 years older it wouldn't really bother me, no.
21) If you found out a man had a conviction would you run a mile?
Depends what for... robbery, murder, rape.... yes! If it was something less threatening to me then I'd probably be okay with it.
22) Should your man play sport?
Sport = fit = muscles = good :-) so yes, its always a bonus haha!
23) Is being able to cook a good trait for a man?
Ooooh yes! I can't cook to save my life, and to be honest, hate it! I will clean, iron, ANYTHING - but not cook! So definitely, he would have to be able to cook. Nothing sexier than a guy that can take control in the kitchen!
24) How early should a boyfriend introduce you to his mates/family?
I think a couple of months for his family... a week/a few weeks for his mates, meeting a man's mates can say a lot about him so its definitely essential. As for family that's a bit scarier, so best wait a little bit first!
25) Should a guy tell you his fears after dating only a short while or keep them secret?
Definitely tell me, unless he's got some freaky weird things going on! Honestly is the best policy, I like to know everything about my man.
26) How would a normal guy meet a model like yourself and chat you up?
Be a gentleman, offer to buy me a drink and have a chat, not brag about himself, money etc, and generally be interested in me and my life, not just my face and body!
27) What are your geeky secrets?
Oh god... LOADS! I'm actually a bit of a boffin, not at all what people expect, I got 11 A*-Cs in my GCSES and dedicated 4 years of my life to a business degree... so I'm a bit of a geek at heart. Makes me who I am though :-)
28) Who was your worst boyfriend and why?
Oh god, can't say names... but... it lasted about 6 months... he smothered me. I'm an independent person, and couldn't even walk the dog without him having a fit and worrying where I was and calling my family and friends! Plus he spent more time getting ready than me, not good!
For more on Charlotte, including a gallery and calendar, take a look at her official website: CharlotteModel.co.uk